All guests, staff and supplies are transferred by helicopter to Mica Lodge. To ensure safe and efficient helicopter transfers, please carefully review our packing guidelines.
SKI/ SNOWBOARD GEAR
- Ski or Snowboard Boots (Please ensure that your ski/board boots are suitable for being out in cold temperatures all day. Ie. Roomy enough for toe wiggling and warmers.)
- 1-2 pairs of gloves or mitts (one light, one warm)
- Ski or Snowboard Helmet
- Waterproof Ski/Snowboard Pants
- Waterproof Ski/Snowboard Jacket
- Insulated Jacket (ie. Down or Primaloft)
- Warm Fleece or lightly insulated layer
- Scarf or Neck Tube
- Toque or Beanie
- Merino Wool Baselayer (Top)
- Merino Wool Baselayer (Bottom)
- Merino Wool Ski or Snowboard Socks
- Winter Boots or Rubber Boots (for transfer days)
- Casual Apres-Ski and Dinnerwear
- Bathing Suit for Hot Tub
- Running Shoes/ Fitness Gear
- Slippers or comfortable shoes (lodge shoes are available as well)
- Charging Devices
*PERSONAL ELECTRONIC DEVICES- PLEASE READ*
Research has proven that electronic devices that send/receive a wireless signal can interfere with Avalanche Transceiver signals, thus making it more difficult to rescue a buried person in the event of an avalanche. These devices include mobile phones, GPS devices, GoPro3 cameras and goggles with Bluetooth capability. At Mica, safety is our number one priority, and to ensure your safety while out skiing we do not allow any device with wireless/Bluetooth capabilities to be taken into the field.
If you typically use your mobile phone for pictures/video or have a video camera with Bluetooth capability, please plan accordingly and bring an alternative.
Please note that drones are not permitted at Mica Heli.
Go to Packing Guidelines.