All guests, staff and supplies are transferred by helicopter to Mica Lodge. To ensure safe and efficient helicopter transfers, please respect the following guidelines:
- Soft sided duffel bags only. Avoid bags with wheels or rigid frames.
- Maximum bag size is 30 x 24 x 16 inches / 100 litres
- Carry ski and snowboard boots separately.
- Boot bags are acceptable
- If you are bringing your own skis or board DO NOT pack your belongings in your ski or board bag. There is limited room in the ski basket and a fully packed ski or board bag will not fit.
- You are encouraged to use our powder skis and snowboards.
Excess baggage that results in additional flight time will be charged a mimimum of $500 per guest. If your luggage does not meet the above requirement, you may be asked to repack your belongings.
You are encouraged to leave excess luggage and ski/board bags in our Revelstoke office while at Mica.
Ship Your Gear to Mica Lodge
Traveling with your ski gear and luggage just got a whole lot easier! Mica Heli is now a Ship Skis partner. You can arrange door-to-door transportation of your gear to or from any address in the world.
Personal Electronic Devices
Research has proven that electronic devices that send/receive a wireless signal can interfere with Avalanche Transceiver signals, thus making it more difficult to rescue a buried person in the event of an avalanche. These devices include mobile phones, GPS devices, GoPro3 cameras and goggles with Bluetooth capability. At Mica, safety is our number one priority, and to ensure your safety while out skiing we do not allow any device with wireless/Bluetooth capabilities to be taken into the field.
If you typically use your mobile phone for pictures/video or have a video camera with Bluetooth capability, please plan accordingly and bring an alternative.
Please note that drones are not permitted at Mica Heli.