For over two decades Mica has worked to accommodate our guests' needs and we will continue to put our guests first as we move forward. Please read the following information and connect with us if you have any questions.
- While at Mica, your package includes all meals and accommodation, use of safety equipment, use of skis or snowboards, as well as travel to and from Revelstoke to Mica lodge.
- A 20% deposit is due upon booking.
- The 80% final balance is due 16 weeks prior to your tour arrival date.
- All payments are non-refundable except as outlined below in the Cancellation Policy.
- If the deposit is not received or if the final balance is not paid when due, Mica may cancel your booking. If your booking is cancelled for non-payment, all funds paid to Mica are non-refundable.
- All rates and deposits are in Canadian Dollars. Payments made in another currency shall be converted to Canadian Dollars by Mica's bank at its exchange rate on the date the payment is made - such exchange rate is final.
- Please review Mica's Vertical and Flight Time Guarantees here.
- It is your sole responsibility to ensure that you have a valid passport, and all necessary visas and travel documents to enter Canada. Refunds will not be given in cases where entry into Canada has been denied.
- Guests under the age of 19 (minor guests) are only permitted with Mica's advance written permission. The minor guest's legal guardian must ski with the minor and complete the Waiver on the minor's behalf.
- No refunds will be provided in the event that you injure yourself, decide to end your day earlier than other guests or the guide, or are instructed to stop skiing because Mica (in its sole discretion) determines that you are not physically fit or able.
- It is your responsibility to arrive at the Mica departure sites designated by Mica at the required times. You are responsible for any extra costs you or Mica incur if you miss your scheduled departure.
- Mica obtains Emergency Medical Insurance coverage for all confirmed guests that is limited to your time at the Mica Lodge. We have paid the insurance premium on your behalf. Click here to view a summary of the Emergency Medical Policy to ensure it meets your needs. Additionally, this Emergency Medical Insurance covers the cost of helicopter transportation to the nearest hospital.
- This is only medical insurance. Optional Trip Interruption Insurance would be needed for reimbursement of lost tour days at Mica.
- This policy only covers you from the time you arrive at Mica Lodge until midnight on the day of your departure from Mica Lodge. Optional Trip Insurance, as outlined below, will help cover those portions of your trip not spent at Mica Lodge
We highly recommend you purchase Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance and have worked with Acera Insurance to make the process as easy as possible. Mica does not receive any compensation from this provider, we are only interested in our clients peace of mind.
To ensure maximum coverage please purchase insurance within 72 hours of paying your initial deposit. If you have already made your deposit, there is still time for coverage. Please contact Acera Insurance as soon as possible. They will provide a quick response if you fill out the few questions on the linked page.
Why purchase Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance?
- Refunds at Mica are limited only to cancellations as outlined in our policy below.
- Getting to Mica involves a lot of travel and typically at a significant cost.
- We understand that occasionally events occur that prevent you from joining us for your vacation. Life is full of surprises and so is travel! You can't predict a missed flight connections, your own illness or an early season injury.
Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance covers the following:
- If you or a household family member gets Covid.
- If you get injured prior to your trip.
- If you have to leave the lodge for a medical emergency or a family member's medical emergency back home.
- A missed flight connection that makes it unable to get to Mica.
- A private vehicle mechanical failure, weather conditions, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, a traffic accident, or an emergency police directed road closure; any of which make it unable to get to Mica.
- As well as other circumstances, please refer to the insurance binder for exact coverage details and do not rely solely on Mica's summary.
- Insurance can cover more than just the cost of the Mica trip, but your other travel expenses as well.
TOLL FREE: 1.877.542.8577
- Except as provided in this cancellation policy, Mica will not provide you with a refund for your booking or compensation for any expenses related to your trip to Revelstoke/Mica Lodge, including airfare, car rentals, and accommodations. Mica strongly recommends that you purchase trip cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Your inability to complete your booking due to reasons outside of your control including, without limitation, travel issues, closed borders, and local viral outbreaks, is at your sole risk and such inability will be deemed as you cancelling your booking at that time.
- No refunds will be awarded for missed heli-skiing due to illness or injury. Given the remote nature of Mica Lodge, you must notify Mica if you are experiencing the symptoms of any injury or illness prior to or during your booking.
- We will operate according to applicable government health guidelines and regulations. If your health does not meet the standards described in those guidelines, we may refuse your participation.
- Participation in any Mica Heliskiing trip is conditional on all members of the party completing our Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement (Waiver). Please REVIEW OUR WAIVER prior to booking with Mica as no refunds will be issued in the event that this form is not signed at the lodge by all participants.
Policy if a Guest Cancels their Own Tour
If you wish to cancel your booking, you must notify us by email to email@example.com or call us at 1-877-837-6191. Your cancellation is only effective at the time we confirm the cancellation in writing to you. In this situation, you have the following options:
a) Your booking may be transferred to another adult. Mica must approve of the replacement guest and reserves the right to refuse a nominated replacement for any reason. If financial arrangements remain between you and your replacement guest, we are happy to make this switch for you without applying service charge. If, however, Mica is required to collect payment from your replacement guest directly before refunding you, your refund will be reduced by 5% of the total pre-tax booking charge;
b) Make a claim on your Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance. Mica will provide you with booking information to support your claim; or
c) Ask Mica to attempt to find a suitable replacement for you. Mica provides no assurances that we can find a suitable replacement. If we are able to confirm a replacement, we will refund your payments less 20% of the total pre-tax booking charge.
If you opt for a replacement and neither you nor Mica find a suitable replacement prior to your tour start date, no refunds will be provided to you.
Policy for a Full Cancellation by Mica Prior to Your Tour
Mica may cancel your booking for any reason and at any time prior to your scheduled arrival day on written notice to you. In this situation, you have the following options:
a) Apply any amounts paid towards an available tour later in the current season;
b) Defer your reservation to a tour the following season at pricing for the current season and apply all amounts paid to the new reservation; or
c) Receive a full refund, release your seat(s) back to Mica, and relinquish future consideration of those seats.
Refunds will be in Canadian Dollars via your original payment method and/or wire transfer. No adjustments will be made to the refund to account for differences in the exchange rate between the time payment was made and the refund was issued.
Each guest's participation in heli-skiing activities is conditional on them completing our Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement (the "Waiver"). By signing the Waiver, you accept the risks, dangers and hazards associated with heli skiing.
Please REVIEW OUR WAIVER prior to booking with Mica as no refunds will be issued in the event that this form is not read, agreed to and signed at the lodge by all participants.
All guests are required to read, agree to and sign both a digital Waiver at the time of deposit and a paper copy of the Waiver upon arrival at Mica.
- Mica reserves the right to make changes to the Cancellation Policy throughout the year.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia and laws of Canada applicable therein. You agree that all litigation concerning your reservation will be brought in the courts of British Columbia, which have exclusive jurisdiction.