JOIN OUR Guiding TEAM
SKI GUIDE FULL TIME/SEASONAL
We are looking for a full-time/seasonal certified Ski Guide.
We are a fun, supported and dedicated team offering a superior guest experience. We are committed to safety by only working with experienced guides, pilots and high-quality and well maintained equipment.
We offer an exclusively small group heliskiing program that is both fast paced and flexible located within inspiring terrain with excellent snow quality.
We offer our guides competitive wages, health benefits, a travel stipend and generous gratuities.
- Position reports to: Guiding Manager
- Work Term: December 2023 - April 2024
- Provide a safe and efficient guided tour to our guests
- Attend both the Mica Guide’s Training and Staff Orientation sessions on an annual basis.
- Communicate safety concerns to the Lead Guide.
- Share the overall responsibility for the safety and enjoyment of our guests and staff.
- Take the primary responsibility for the safety and enjoyment of your particular ski group each day
- Actively participate as Snow Safety when required
- Be involved with the mentorship of Assistant Guides and Guide Trainees
- Ensure both Company and industry standards are met, as they pertain to professional ski guiding.
- Be available to assist the Lead Guide and Mountain Manager in a leadership role, as required.
- Remain current as to the changes, challenges and practices of companies outside of Mica Heli and of the industry as a whole.
- Attend and contribute to daily Guides Meetings.
- Provide professional delivery of Safety Briefings in the timelines and standard set out by the company. Ensure each guest has completed these briefings prior to skiing in your group.
- Fulfill the assigned transfer day duty, Ex) Truck driver, Staging coordinator, etc.
2. Guest Services
- Assist in providing the best possible guest experience.
- Assist in the recommendation and set-up of equipment for guests.
- Assist with ‘down-day’ programming, as requested by the Lead Guide.
3. Specific Administrative Duties
- Ensure that each guest and staff member in your group has properly completed a Waiver of Liability, prior to participation in Mountain Activities.
- Be responsible for the proper completion of Company and WorkSafe BC Incident Report forms.
- Complete duties assigned to you on time.
- Competitive Day Rate based on experience and position
- Health care spending account
- Travel Stipend
- First Aid Recertification
- Injury Prevention Program
- Ongoing training