As we look forward to welcoming you back to Mica next season, we want to make you aware of current travel requirements and protocols that may affect your travel to our lodge. It is important for all of our guests to ensure they understand the current processes in place for arriving and departing Canada.
Please read the following information and connect with us if you have any questions. We are here to make every step of your journey to Mica as seamless of an experience as possible.
- The Canadian government requires proof you are fully vaccinated when entering Canada.
- You must submit your vaccination details to ArriveCan prior to departing for Canada.
- You must meet this requirement regardless of whether you are travelling to Canada by land or by air.
- We are strongly recommending that guests fly into Kelowna, as discussed further below, for both road issues and helicopter transfer constraints.
- Please note that Mica will not issue refunds for guests denied entry to Canada.
If you need more in depth information on vaccination and travel requirements to enter Canada, please visit the Government of Canada website.
Americans travelling by air:
- You are required to have a negative COVID-19 viral test, taken within one calendar day of your flight’s departure to the United States. See recommended testing options below.
- Calgary Airport and Kelowna Airport are both offering rapid Covid tests by reservation.
Americans travelling by land:
- A Covid-19 test is not required at United States land border crossings.
Non-American International Travellers:
With requirements all slightly different for European countries, we recommend checking with your local government's requirements prior to travel. Here is a travel resource to support worldwide international travel this year.
Please ensure you are aware of all testing requirements for your return journey home.
- For country specific travel requirements see here.
- For guests who require a negative COVID-19 test prior to departure there are currently the following options:
- Whitecap RSC is providing on-site COVID-19 testing at Kelowna Airport (YLW). Visit whitecapcovidtesting.com or call 1-604-966-3777. Concierge service and mobile testing options are also available. To book an appointment, contact their team here.
- Numi Health is providing both onsite testing at the Calgary Airport (YYC) and mobile testing.To book an appointment visit https://numihealth.com/covid-19-testing/ or call 1-844-438-6864.
Covid-19 Test Kit: We recommend pre-ordering and travelling to Canada with a Covid-19 rapid test kit. Tests can be self administered and authorized online.
American travellers, visit eMed: https://www.emed.com/airline-travel
Canadian travellers, Switch Health Collection or test kits: https://switchhealth.ca/en/partners/aeroplan/#collectionkits
European travellers. We recommend checking your options prior to departure as the testing providers and process varies by country.
- Make sure to carry your proof of vaccination and valid government issued photo ID if you plan to travel in Canada prior to, or following, your trip to Mica.
- If you plan on driving to Revelstoke from Calgary, please be aware that there are significant road closures this winter on Highway 1 into Golden. Up to date information can be found here.
We are happy to arrange helicopter charters direct to Mica Lodge. Our primary charter options are from Kelowna Airport (YLW).
Charter options are also available from Calgary at a significantly higher cost. We anticipate being able to add Calgary back as an option at a lower cost in subsequent years.
For more details and pricing, please contact our reservation staff.
We are pleased to offer guests of Mica Heli preferred rates at hotels in Kelowna and Revelstoke. We strongly recommend you book your accommodation as soon as possible in anticipation of high demand.
Book your accommodation and view our preferred rates here.
Ongoing government screening procedures implemented in response to the global pandemic have increased travel and processing times for international travel.; causing missed connections or unexpected delays.
We strongly recommend you arrive at your pick-up location the night before your scheduled arrival to Mica to ensure you are able to make your transfer into the lodge.
As a remote lodge, we have a tight window for transfers and guests who arrive late may not make their transfer into the lodge on their scheduled transfer day. Additional transfers required to accommodate guests who arrive late will be at the expense of the guest.
- You can fill out the ArriveCAN form before having your PCR test results.
- You will need to upload a copy of your vaccine to the ArriveCAN site.
- You can only begin the ArriveCAN form less than 72 hours before arrival.
- The PCR antigen test must be taken within 72 hours before arrival.
- When you fill out the ArriveCAN form it asks if you have a PCR test in your possession, they are asking if you WILL have PCR test results when you cross the border, so click yes. You do not upload the PCR test results to ArriveCAN, only your vaccine.
- When you fill out your destination or other address information, use the full address of Mica Heliskiing (207 Mackenzie Avenue, Revelstoke, BC V0E 2S0), as the border officer cannot submit the form unless the address has a numerical address.
- Government of Canada’s Covid-19 response website
- U.S. Embassy & Consulates – Covid -19 travel information to Canada
- British Columbia Covid-19 Information & Restrictions
Mica Heliskiing will continue to monitor the entry and exit requirements and keep this fact sheet updated throughout the 2022/23 season.
Updated: May 15, 2022