With the goal of making your commitment to a 2020/21 Mica trip as easy, safe and flexible as possible, we have created a special Booking and Cancellation Policy for the upcoming ski season.
Important points to note on our special cancellation policy:
- To secure your reservation, a 20% deposit is required at the time of booking.
- Your final payment will not be requested until the Canadian border opens to land and air travel.
While International borders to Canada remain closed by land and air:
Deposits continue to be 100% refundable until the land and air border to your departure country & Canada reopens and we reconfirm your booking.
In the meantime, if you have already decided not to travel this winter you can either:
- Transfer your deposit to a new trip for the following season and retain your booking priority, or
- Receive a 100% refund; however, no booking priority will be retained for those dates.
2020-2021 Cancellation Policy
After the border reopens, we will reconfirm your trip and receive final payments. Cancellation options are then as follows:
- You may cancel your 2020-21 trip, for any reason, up until seven (7) days prior to the first day of their tour.
- Should a guest choose to cancel, Mica will retain 30% of the package price, and offer a 70% credit for use within the following two (2) seasons based on availability.
- Mica reserves the right to resell any cancelled seats; without change to the 30% cancellation fee.
- Booking priority on the specific tour dates is not retained.
- A guest may fill their cancelled seat(s) with friends or family at no charge. In this case, 100% of their payments will be applied to the replacement’s seat.
- If a group requests that we don’t resell a cancelled seat from their group booking the cancellation fee is 60% and a 40% credit will be issued. The seat will remain vacant. Booking Priority to the following season will be retained. *This clause of the cancellation policy is only valid on behalf of the guest if communicated to Mica prior to us reselling your seat.
Cancellation Policy within the final week
- The safety of our guests and staff is our number one priority. If an incoming guest is sick, or has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, we will ask that they cancel their tour.
- During the final week (7 days) prior to their arrival date, a guest can cancel only for a COVID-19 related necessity.
- All the same provisions apply as outlined in the cancellation policy above, including the cancellation fees.
Tour Cancellation related to weather
The only condition for a full 100% credit on a tour cancellation once full payment has been processed is as follows:
- Mica reserves the right to cancel any ski tour up to 48 hours before the start of the tour typically for weather reasons. This policy has not changed. If Mica cancels a ski tour, guests will receive credit for 100% of their payments for use within two years of the original tour date.
View the Government of Canada's up-to-date travel restrictions in relation to COVID-19 here.
Emergency Medical Coverage
New for the 2020/21 season: Mica will provide Emergency Medical Insurance (including medivac to hospital) as part of your ski package purchase. This coverage will only be in place while you are our guest at Mica.
No one ever plans to need medical care while away; but if you do experience misadventures on your vacation, Emergency Medical Coverage can cover medivac /ambulance, hospitalization, surgery, prescriptions, emergency transportation home and more. All claims require you to be seen by a physician. You will be required to complete a claim form for reimbursement of your medical expenses and the cost of medivac if applicable.
Contact our preferred provider Lifestyle Financial if you have any specific coverage questions at travel [at] lifestylefinancial.ca (subject: Mica%20Heliskiing%20Guest%20-%20query%20on%20medical%20coverage, body: Good%20day%2C%20%0A%0AI%20am%20a%20guest%20of%20Mica%20Heliskiing%20this%20season%20and%20have%20a%20few%20questions%20on%20the%20medical%20coverage.)
Trip Cancellation / Interruption
We understand that occasionally events occur that prevent you from joining us for your vacation. Life is full of surprises and so is travel! You can’t predict a missed flight connection, your own illness or early season injury.
Our lodge is located 150 kms north of Revelstoke, and accessible only by helicopter during the winter. The nearest hospital is 45 minutes (at minimum, during daylight hours) by helicopter. Weather conditions and road closures can interrupt or delay travel to/from the lodge.
When an unexpected event prevents you from travelling, Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption reimburses travel costs if your trip is cancelled before you leave or disrupted after it has begun. We recommend you look into the following:
- Flight Cancellation Insurance through your airline
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
Contact Lifestyle online to inquire about insurance options, coverage and premiums.
NB: Mica is not responsible for any third-party costs associated with any interruption or delay (i.e., hotel rooms, meals, or cancelled flights).
Mica reserves the right to change this special Booking and Cancellation Policy for the following winter 2021-2022 season.