Mica owes its success to an exceedingly loyal, long-term clientele. And, as we collectively work through the challenges of COVID-19, Mica’s continued success hinges entirely on these very same people – our Mica Family. Now more than ever, we appreciate the importance of putting our guests’ needs first.
As travellers ourselves, we understand concerns relating to personal health and possible ongoing travel restrictions. We recognize that the travel insurance industry is no longer covering COVID-19 travel interruption.
As such, and with the goal of making your commmitment to a 2020/21 Mica trip as easy, safe and flexible as we can, we are implementing a special Booking and Cancelllation Policy for the upcoming ski season. We believe it to be the most accommodating booking policy in the industry.
The important changes to our cancellation policy are as follows:
- Deposits are 100% refundable until September 15, 2020.
- After September 15, guests may continue to cancel but will be charged 30% of their total tour cost.
Deposits for 2020/21 Bookings
- To secure your reservation, a 20% deposit is required at the time of booking.
- Your deposit is fully refundable until September 15, 2020.
Balance of Tour Payment
The balance of your tour payment is due by the following dates:
- Tours 2-12 - September 15, 2020
- Tours 14-20 - September 22, 2020
- Tours 21-28 - September 29, 2020
After September 15, 2020 payments are non-refundable and a credit may be issued in conjunction with a deferral or cancellation as outlined below.
2020-2021 Guest Cancellation Policy
- After September 15, 2020, guests may cancel their 2020-21 trip, for any reason, up until seven (7) days prior to the first day of their tour.
- Should a guest choose to cancel, Mica will retain 30% of the package price, and offer a 70% credit for use within the following two (2) seasons based on availability.
- Rebooking priority on the cancelled tour dates is not guaranteed.
- Mica reserves the right to resell any cancelled seats; without change to the 30% cancellation fee.
- A guest may fill their cancelled seat(s) with friends or family at no charge. In this case, 100% of their payments will be applied to the replacement’s seat.
- If a group requests that we don’t resell a cancelled seat from their group booking the cancellation fee is 60% and a 40% credit will be issued. The seat will remain vacant. Booking Priority to the following season will be retained. *This clause of the cancellation policy is only valid on behalf of the guest if communicated to Mica prior to us reselling your seat.
Cancellation Policy within the final week related to COVID-19
- The safety of our guests and staff is our number one priority. If an incoming guest is sick, or has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, we will ask that they cancel their tour.
- During the final week (7 days) prior to their arrival date, a guest can cancel only for a COVID-19 related necessity.
- All the same provisions apply as outlined in the cancellation policy above, including the cancellation fees.
The only conditions for a full 100% credit on a tour cancellation are as follows:
- Mica reserves the right to cancel any ski tour up to 48 hours before the start of the tour typically for weather reasons. This policy has not changed. If Mica cancels a ski tour, guests will receive credit for 100% of their payments for use within two years of the original tour date.
- As it relates to COVID-19, guests will receive credit for 100% of their payments for use within two years of the original tour date only under the following situations:
- The provincial government orders closure of the lodge
- The border between your departure country and Canada is closed by air to non-essential travel
- A stay at home order is in place for your registered booking address
View the Government of Canada's up-to-date travel restrictions in relation to COVID-19 here.
Emergency Medical Coverage & Helicopter Evacuation
New for the 2020-21 season!!! Mica will provide Emergency Medical Insurance (including medivac to hospital) as part of your ski package purchase. This coverage will only be in place while you are our guest at Mica.
No one ever plans to need medical care while away; but if you do experience misadventures on your vacation, Emergency Medical Coverage can cover medivac /ambulance, hospitalization, surgery, prescriptions, emergency transportation home and more. All claims require you to be seen by a physician. You will be required to complete a claim form for reimbursement of your medical expenses and the cost of medivac if applicable.
Contact our preferred provider Lifestyle Financial if you have any specific coverage questions at travel [at] lifestylefinancial.ca (subject: Mica%20Heliskiing%20Guest%20-%20query%20on%20medical%20coverage, body: Good%20day%2C%20%0A%0AI%20am%20a%20guest%20of%20Mica%20Heliskiing%20this%20season%20and%20have%20a%20few%20questions%20on%20the%20medical%20coverage.)
Trip Cancellation / Interruption
We understand that occasionally events occur that prevent you from joining us for your vacation. Life is full of surprises and so is travel! You can’t predict a missed flight connection, your own illness or early season injury.
Our lodge is located 150 kms north of Revelstoke, and accessible only by helicopter during the winter. The nearest hospital is 45 minutes (at minimum, during daylight hours) by helicopter. Weather conditions and road closures can interrupt or delay travel to/from the lodge.
When an unexpected event prevents you from travelling, Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption reimburses travel costs if your trip is cancelled before you leave or disrupted after it has begun. We recommend you look into the following:
- Flight Cancellation Insurance through your airline
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
Contact Lifestyle online to inquire about insurance options, coverage and premiums.
NB: Mica is not responsible for any third-party costs associated with any interruption or delay (i.e., hotel rooms, meals, or cancelled flights).
Mica reserves the right to change this special Booking and Cancellation Policy for the following winter 2021-2022 season.