We understand that many of you may have concerns relating to personal health and possible ongoing travel restrictions. In light of these concerns, Mica has implemented a special 2020/21 Booking and Cancellation Policy for the upcoming ski season.
Important points to note on our 2020/21 Cancellation Policy:
We are currently offering tours to Canadian residents only. To secure your reservation, a 30% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. Final payments will be due 4 weeks prior to arrival date. Mica has the right to cancel unpaid bookings without notice.
If a Guest Cancels:
• In the last 4 weeks prior to your arrival date, you may cancel your 2020-21 trip, for any reason, up until seven (7) days prior to the first day of your tour. Should you choose to cancel, Mica will retain 30% of the package price.
• A guest may fill their cancelled seat(s) with friends or family at no charge. In this case, 100% of their payments will be applied to the replacement’s seat.
If Mica Cancels:
Guests will have the option to reschedule their visit for later in the 2020/21 season as availability allows, or recieve a full refund.
Cancellation due to COVID-19 concerns and restrictions:
The safety of our guests and staff is our number one priority. If during the final week (7 days) prior to their booking any of the following apply, we kindly ask you contact us immediately:
- a guest tests positive for COVID-19,
- a guest displays symptoms of COVID-19,
- a guest has been asked to quarantine or self isolate,
- a guest has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, or
- a guest is prevented from travelling due to government imposed travel restrictions;
We will work with you to reschedule your visit for later in the season. If rescheduling is not possible, all payments will be refunded less a $250 administration fee. During the final week (7 days) prior to the arrival date, a guest can cancel only for a COVID-19 related reason.
For previously booked International Bookings:
We are sad that we will not be able to welcome you to Mica this year. You may:
- Transfer your deposit to a new trip for the following season and retain your booking priority, or
- Receive a 100% refund; however, no booking priority is guaranteed for the same tour in future years.
- Mica reserves the right to cancel any ski tour up to 48 hours before the start of the tour typically for weather reasons. This policy has not changed. If Mica cancels a ski tour, guests will recieve credit for 100% of their payments for use within two years of the original tour date.
Canada's COVID-19 Government Guidelines
- View the Government of Canada's up-to-date travel restrictions in relation to COVID-19 here.
- View British Columbia's up-to-date Provincial COVID-19 guidelines and mandates here.
Emergency Medical Coverage
New for the 2020/21 season: Mica will provide Emergency Medical Insurance (including medivac to hospital) as part of your ski package purchase. This coverage will only be in place while you are our guest at Mica.
No one ever plans to need medical care while away; but if you do experience misadventures on your vacation, Emergency Medical Coverage can cover medivac /ambulance, hospitalization, surgery, prescriptions, emergency transportation home and more. All claims require you to be seen by a physician. You will be required to complete a claim form for reimbursement of your medical expenses and the cost of medivac if applicable.
Contact our preferred provider Lifestyle Financial if you have any specific coverage questions at travel [at] lifestylefinancial.ca (subject: Mica%20Heliskiing%20Guest%20-%20query%20on%20medical%20coverage, body: Good%20day%2C%20%0A%0AI%20am%20a%20guest%20of%20Mica%20Heliskiing%20this%20season%20and%20have%20a%20few%20questions%20on%20the%20medical%20coverage.)
Trip Cancellation / Interruption
We understand that occasionally events occur that prevent you from joining us for your vacation. Life is full of surprises and so is travel! You can’t predict a missed flight connection, your own illness or early season injury.
Our lodge is located 150 kms north of Revelstoke, and accessible only by helicopter during the winter. The nearest hospital is 45 minutes (at minimum, during daylight hours) by helicopter. Weather conditions and road closures can interrupt or delay travel to/from the lodge.
When an unexpected event prevents you from travelling, Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption reimburses travel costs if your trip is cancelled before you leave or disrupted after it has begun. We recommend you look into the following:
- Flight Cancellation Insurance through your airline
- Trip Cancellation / Interruption Insurance
Contact Lifestyle online to inquire about insurance options, coverage and premiums.
NB: Mica is not responsible for any third-party costs associated with any interruption or delay (i.e., hotel rooms, meals, or cancelled flights).
Mica reserves the right to change this special Booking and Cancellation Policy for the following winter 2021-2022 season.