Dave Pehowich, Operations Manager and Lead Guide at Mica Heli Skiing, has been guiding for 22 seasons, the last six of which have been at Mica. For the last two seasons, Mica’s Guiding Team has been working with a local trainer, Stephanie China, owner of Cross Fit Revelstoke and Co-founder of the “Train2Ski” program. Stephanie is an Association of Canadian Mountain Guides Assistant Ski Guide and a certified trainer. She understands what it takes to prepare yourself for the ski season.
One of the most common questions that we receive from guests during the winter is “What can I do to get ready for my heli skiing trip?” Given our guiding team’s experience with Stephanie’s program, we are excited to introduce our guests to “Train2Ski”. Not only are we coming into the season in better physical condition, we are maintaining that condition over the winter and suffering fewer injuries. It certainly has helped us get ‘ski ready’.
This year, Stephanie and her partner, Turner, are offering an app-based version of “Train2Ski” that can be accessed from anywhere. Each week, three different workouts are sent directly to your device three times each week. Each workout focuses on developing strength, power and endurance and reducing your risk of injury.
Access to “Train2Ski” programming will give you:
1. Detailed workouts programmed for the gym and scaled home gym versions of every work out. (you will always have access to a workout)
2. Video library of all movements
3. Access to the “Train2Ski” community. Interact with other “Train2Ski” Athletes doing the same workouts.
4. Access to “Train2Ski” Coaches.
5. Workout tracking. Log your scores, times and weights and see yourself get fitter faster stronger.
6. Mobility and stretching video library of all movements.
7. “Train2Ski” private Facebook page.
If you are interested in signing up or wish more information visit http://train2ski.com/. They are offering a discount to all Mica Heliskiing guests.