Dreaming of a winter in paradise? We have one full -time/ seasonal Massage Therapist position left to fill on our team for the coming season. Shifts are typically 10 - 14 days, based out of our luxury heliskiing lodge, located just north of Revelstoke, BC. Ideal candidates have experience in lodge environments, and are comfortable interacting with guests from around the world. In addition to massage work, therapists are responsible for daily tasks around the lodge.
Position: Massage Therapy/ Lodge Services
Reports To: Lodge Manager
Work Term: December 2014 – April 2015
Accommodate guest requests for massage treatments and work with all Mica staff to ensure guests receive a consistent and exceptional level of service.
· Provide guest massage within regular scheduled periods each day.
· Accommodate as much as possible, massage requests outside the normal massage period.
· On alternating days organize and lead a 30 minute warm-up or stretch period for guests.
· Identify any equipment requirements and supplies required to implement massage program.
· Track massage supplies and advise Lodge Manager when supplies are required
· Responsible for daily laundering and folding of massage linens
· Maintain a comfortable and hygienic massage environment in accordance with recognized practices.
· Clear breakfast dishes and put through dishwasher every morning/polish silverware
· Conduct lodge orientation for incoming guests on transfer day
· Responsible for daily housekeeping in the guest rooms and common areas.
· Responsible for daily laundering and folding of guest linens, dinner napkins and kitchen laundry
· Assist with après ski snack set up, cleanup of guest lunches from helicopter and wash/refill juice containers
· Turn down guest rooms during dinner service
· Depending on massage schedule, assist with dinner set up and clearing
· When possible, assist guests with retail purchases
· Track cleaning supplies and advise Lodge Manager when supplies need to be ordered
· Undertake general housekeeping tasks as scheduled and assigned by Lodge Manager
· Provide radio coverage during the day in conjunction with other lodge staff
· Maintain regular interaction with guests.
· Participate in regular lodge staff meetings.
· Maintain certification as a massage therapist.
· Advise main office of transfer arrangements/requirements for each shift
· Work with the lodge staff to ensure a consistent level of guest service is provided
Apply today by sending your cover letter and resume to chris [at] micaheli.com