JOIN OUR CULINARY TEAM
KITCHEN ASSISTANT FULL TIME/SEASONAL
We are looking for a full-time/ seasonal Kitchen Assistant to join our Culinary Team.
This role supports the food service program.
- Position reports to: Head Chef
- Work Term: December 2022-April 2023
- Complete daily prep-work or general kitchen related tasks as assigned.
- Sweep and mop dry storage area on a scheduled basis.
- Assist with regular kitchen cleaning as directed by the Chef.
- Clean up apres-ski dishes prior to dinner service.
- Wash all dishes and help prep for dinner service as requested.
- Wash all dinner service dishes and complete clean up of dish pit area, stainless steel surfaces, drain and clean dishwasher and put dishes away.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floor nightly.
- Work with kitchen team to ensure any issues are addressed.
- Work with all lodge staff to ensure a consistent level of guest service is provided.
- Participate in staff training and scheduled departmental orientation sessions.
- Participate in regular lodge staff meetings while on shift at lodge.
- Ensure good relations are maintained with company contacts.
- With the snowmobile, daily transport to sorting area of all burnables, recycling, garbage and compost.
- Organize and maintain the recycling program
- Monitor firewood supply/use and restock in main lodge and chalet as needed.
- Competitive day rate